Grabbed a banana on the way out the door. Blah at crappy breakfast.
'Lunch' (2pm) was a BEAT salad with 2 eggs, 2 small avocados, 2 tomatoes, and 6 pieces of bacon. Plus an apple with almond butter...and a couple black grapes, which I munched while constructing the salad.
Dinner was grilled chicken seasoned with garlic, pepper, and rosemary, steamed broccoli, and asparagus. I cooked the asparagus in a pan with a LOT of butter and other goodies.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of butter (I didn't really measure) - melt it, but don't brown
- 2-4 tbsp of EVOO (again, I don't measure these things)
- sprinkle in a good amount of garlic powder after the butter is melted in the pan. Garlic and butter are the main flavorings here so don't be shy!
- After it's good and ready, put the asparagus in the pan and start cooking. All of this should be done at a low-ish temperature (I used '4' and my max setting is '9')
- add pepper periodically while cooking, and then sprinkle a bit more on once it's done
- Keep in mind asparagus does not take long to cook at all, and you don't want it to get super mushy!