July 7, 2010

Independence Day Weekend Recap

So, while I didn't manage to post over the weekend, I certainly wasn't idle! Besides the fun: floating in a tube on the Guadalupe river - and the not-as-fun: studying for summer-semester finals - I did get in two workouts and managed to stay almost 100% in line with the Eat Real challenge despite not being in charge of the menu. Rather than post all my meals now, I'll just list the few very small deviations:
  • In some of the scrambled eggs, there was a small amount of skim milk (1/2 cup for a dozen eggs)
  • We had chicken for dinner on the 5th, seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt. It was used as a rub over the whole chicken, so again really not a lot.
And that's it! With a bit of helping in the kitchen and a mostly-supportive cook (that'd be mom) I was able to get through the weekend away from home without any big slips in the challenge.

The two workouts I did were picked for the lack of a need for equipment, but that doesn't mean they were easy!

Saturday:
Tabata intervals with push-ups, sit-ups, and squats. 5 rounds of each, in that order.
  • Round 1: 18-15-17
  • Round 2: 19-17-18
  • Round 3: 13-16-17
  • Round 4: 13-16-18
  • Round 5: 11-16-17

While I was getting pretty tired at the end, I thought after finishing I should have made it 6 rounds. Either way, a good WOD!


Monday:
100 Burpees for time...time was 11:42. Set of 20, 10, 7, 8, and then 5s all the way to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment