That said, I'll be taking the opportunity to blog along with a daily food entry plus whatever other topics come to mind over the course of things. Unfortunately I didn't capture Monday's food in pictures, so you'll just have to take it on faith that I really ate what I'm saying!
An odd day, I ended up IFing (that's Intermittent Fasting) from dinner the previous night until dinner this night. For dinner, I had:
- a large sweet potato, baked, with butter from pastured (grass-fed) cows and cinnamon
- a ribeye steak, brushed with olive oil and grilled (spices too, of course)
- a BEAT salad - 4 pieces of bacon (cooked in coconut butter), 1 large avocado, 2 eggs (cage-free DHA), 1 tomato
- a handful of organic blueberries for dessert (probably 1/3 cup)
- an apple, used to scoop almond butter
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, a nice chunk of onion, and 5 eggs scrambled in the leftover bacon grease and coconut butter from the previous night
- one zucchini-squash, sliced thin and cooked in some awesome (and silly-expensive) cookware that uses low heat and keeps veggies from going mush while still cooking relatively quickly, plus spices
- a whole bunch of grilled asparagus (double what's in the picture)
- two ribeyes (they had a sale!) off the grill. I only meant to eat one, but hey...
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- 7 smallish-medium organic strawberries
More to come as the challenge continues!