Apparently Balsamic Vinegar is on the list of things-to-not-eat, due to what I'd call a technicality (mostly to rib Mary about it). Something about the manufacturing process and how what's used in it can sometimes evoke a gluten-like response (particularly in those with Celiac's disease). Or that red wine vinegar + grape must isn't paleo enough for the challenge. SO, out with the OO/BV dressing and in with the plain EVOO and spices. Or Almond, Walnut, or some other appropriate oil - although I will likely stick to Olive for the most part since it has a better fat profile (more mono, less poly). See here and here on MDA for info on oils.
Today I did not have breakfast, taking full advantage of the lack of classes other than a short seminar at 1pm to enjoy the morning at a very, very relaxed pace. Hunger wasn't really an issue, and I ended up with an IF lasting around 16 hours. Ate lunch at 2:30, dinner fairly late also at 9. Staying up a bit to let things settle before heading to bed, which can sometimes make the stomach unhappy if you go to sleep right after eating a big meal...and all of my meals would count as big ones.
Also of note, I had heaping quantities of green stuff in my meals today. It's a pretty simple and true rule of thumb on how to pick good produce to eat with a nice variety: bright colors are good, lots of different bright colors is better! Today's color just happened to mostly be green.
- YAR! (yet another ribeye)
- a head of broccoli cooked in a little oil and coconut butter (which is the brown-looking stuff on it). This was an experiment that turned out just fine! Little bit of crunch from the broccoli and delicious creamy goodness from the coconut butter. Awesome combo.
- 2 eggs fried in almond oil
- an orange (not pictured)
I'm going to call this one a Sweet and Spicy Stir-fry! How's that for alliteration?
- lean, grass-fed hamburger liberally seasoned with an awesome spice mix (black pepper, sweet chili pepper, cayenne pepper, celery seed, oregano, cumin, basil, bay, marjoram, savory, thyme, coriander, mustard, rosemary, onion, garlic, tomato, orange peel). To make it simpler: it's the Spicy.
- onions, zucchini, green bell-pepper, and sugar-snap peas. This would be the Sweet, no additions needed.
- ...oh and there was dessert too, in the form of strawberries and blueberries.
Had more of the stir-fry left (only ate a bit over half) so I have more goodness for tomorrow!