June 24, 2010

A Day of Carrots

Slightly late post for 6/23/2010.

I was up too late last night, and so of course slept in longer than usual in the morning, which resulted in less time available to prepare food for breakfast. Not planning ahead and sleeping in makes adhering to the Eat Real challenge a lot harder!! Usually on mornings like this I would just whip up a shake with protein powder, coconut milk, some fruit, and a few other random ingredients depending on my mood.

Instead, I scavenged in the fridge for what would be quick-and-easy. Ended up with...
Breakfast

  • Leftover fajita beef (grass-fed skirt steak)
  • a hard-boiled egg
  • two halves of bell peppers from a previous meal
  • 8oz of baby carrots, cooked up quickly
  • a whole grapefruit
  • an apple, plus almond butter



Dinner

  • another ribeye...I love beef!
  • more carrots, from frozen this time since the wife made more than she needed
  • a peach and some blueberries
  • BIG salad (I just left it in the mixing bowl) from spinach, green leaf lettuce, 2 tomatoes, 1 large green bell pepper, half a cucumber; topped with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing





While I like carrots, I don't really want to turn orange so I doubt the amount consumed today will be repeated very often if ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment