June 30, 2010

Mmmm Carbs

No workout today sadly, school project demanded my time.

Sometimes a day of higher carbs can be a good thing. Today was one of those days for me - not that I didn't get my share of fat and protein, just that I also ate a much larger proportion of carbs than usual. Felt needed, so I went with it.

Breakfast
Cafe at the college has decent breakfast omelets. Eggs, bacon, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, mushrooms. And they use butter! I'm sure it isn't awesome butter like I use at home, but at least it's butter.
  • Omelet!


Munchies
Hungry when I got home, so between then and dinner I ate..
  • Apple + lots of almond butter
  • an apricot
  • couple small bunches of blueberries
  • couple small bunches of cashews

Dinner
  • Chicken! Olive oil + special chicken spices = yummy.
  • Sweet potato + lots of butter + cinnamon. I'm not sure if I could get tired of this combo.
  • Kale Chips! We made some, wifey tried one. I don't think I let them cook quite long enough, since they weren't entirely crispy yet, but they were still delicious! ...I ate them all...
Kale Chips before:

Kale Chips after:

Dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment