Sometimes a day of higher carbs can be a good thing. Today was one of those days for me - not that I didn't get my share of fat and protein, just that I also ate a much larger proportion of carbs than usual. Felt needed, so I went with it.
Cafe at the college has decent breakfast omelets. Eggs, bacon, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, mushrooms. And they use butter! I'm sure it isn't awesome butter like I use at home, but at least it's butter.
Hungry when I got home, so between then and dinner I ate..
- Apple + lots of almond butter
- an apricot
- couple small bunches of blueberries
- couple small bunches of cashews
- Chicken! Olive oil + special chicken spices = yummy.
- Sweet potato + lots of butter + cinnamon. I'm not sure if I could get tired of this combo.
- Kale Chips! We made some, wifey tried one. I don't think I let them cook quite long enough, since they weren't entirely crispy yet, but they were still delicious! ...I ate them all...
Kale Chips after: