June 25, 2010

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

I know, I know, I told the 5:30 crossfit folks I was going to eat my last YAR (yet another ribeye!). Well, it didn't happen because the other day I bought some chicken 'wingettes' (think the type of wings you'd get if you ordered buffalo wings at a restaurant) and I wanted them!

One of the awesome things about Eating Real Food and making sure you're taking in a good balance of stuff (very technical term, I know) is that it allows your body to naturally recover from stress. It doesn't matter what the source of stress is, it all takes a toll and Real Food helps pay the fee. I didn't mention it in my WOD post today, but as I was raving about after the workout, I thought last night that today would be a rest day for me to recover. But, as soon as I was really awake (breakfast was kind of made in a haze as you'll see) I felt awesome! No way I was going to sit on my butt all day when my body is telling me "let's go kick some ass!" I credit the stretching, self-massage work with a foam roller and ball, and icing stuff last night ... but mainly I credit my diet.

Enough rambling, let's move on to the good stuff!

Breakfast

  • 5 slices of bacon cooked in almond oil
  • 1 head of broccoli chopped really small and cooked most of the way in the bacon grease (for those who don't know, broccoli is like a freakin' sponge when it comes to oil or grease in a pan - the one head of broccoli soaked up all the oil and grease)
  • 6 eggs scrambled up with spicy spices and dumped on the broccoli
  • apple + the last of this container of almond butter



Dinner

  • mixing-bowl sized salad of spinach, green-leaf lettuce, green bell pepper, tomato, and cucumber. This time with EVOO and assorted spices
  • the whole pack of chicken wingettes (10 pieces). Spice mix of thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, black pepper, and nutmeg plus a bit of valencia orange peel that I threw in too. Coated the chicken with the spices and then baked it, turning once.
  • BEAT salad (see my first Eat Real post for a link on this one)


No comments:

Post a Comment